The symposium will he held at the Dupréel Auditorium, located on the Solbosch campus of the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB).
Access is easiest through the following adress:
Avenue Jeanne 44
1050 Brussels, Belgium
Watch out! ULB has several campuses in Brussels, make sure you go to the Solbosch campus!
Eduroam network: If you are part of an academic institution, you can select the « eduroam » network, using your credentials from your home university.
Guest visitors: you can connect to https://www.guestroam.be, fill in your information (specify « Université Libre de Bruxelles » in the institution field, « Francois Quitin » in the contact person and « ResULB » in the department field). You will receive a validation code via email or on your cell phone. The Network department will approve the visitor request quickly and send you an email with a login and password information.
A guided tour of the outdoor exposition « Le Chat déambule » will be given on Thursday 11/5 at 6pm in the « Parc Royal ». This is an outdoor exhibit of one of the classic figures of french-Belgian comic strips, in one of Brussels’ most beautiful parcs, surrounded by the Royal palace and different iconic palaces in Brussels. The meeting point is at 6pm at the corner of « Rue Royale » and « Place des palais », in the « Allée des Maronniers » of the parc.
The tour will be followed by the conference dinner, which will be held at the restaurant « Chez Léon » at 7:30pm, located at « Rue des Bouchers 18, 1000 Bruxelles ». This restaurant in the heart of Brussels is well-known for it’s Belgian specialties, and is about 15 minutes walking from the « Parc Royal ».
Getting from ULB to the guided tour/restaurant and back can easily be done with the bus 71 or with the tram 93. Two public transport tickets are provided in your conference bag.
How to Reach Brussels ?
- By train: ULB is easily accessible by train and its train station is located a short tram ride away from the symposium venue. The closest train station is « Etterbeek », but ULB is also a short bus ride away from « Gare Centrale – Centraal Station », which can easily be reached from any Belgian station.
Timetables are available on the web site of the SNCB/NMBS: http://www.belgianrail.be/.
- By car: the easiest way to access ULB campus by car is to enter the following address on your GPS device:
Av. Paul Héger 40, 1000 Ixelles
Parking will be available for visitors to SITB (information for parking will be put on the website soon). However, the parking is shared with students and comes on a first-come first-serve basis, so parking space is not guaranteed.
- Public transport in Brussels is handled by the STIB/MIVB, which covers metros, trams and busses. You can buy a pass in advance at most stations, or can pay onboard the bus (for a slight overcharge).
You can park on the « Parking Janson » of the Solbosch campus during the conference. You can access the parking through « Avenue Buyl » (access 1) or « Avenue Franklin Roosevelt » (access 11) (a map is also given in the pdf document below).
IMPORTANT: parking is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The parking is shared with students and tends to fill up quickly, so no guarantee can be given on parking availability.
Please print out and fill the pdf document below, which you should leave on your vehicle dashboard.
There are several hotels available within walking distance from ULB.
- Hotel Barsey by Warwick: about 15 minutes walking distance from ULB
a certain number of rooms have been booked at a discount fee. You can use the following link (with the Group code « UNI1105 ») when booking your room. The link will remain active until 20/04/02023.
- Ibis Châtelain: about 20 minutes walking distance from ULB
- Aparthotel Adagio Access Brussels Delta: small studio rooms, about 20 minutes walking from ULB
- Hotel Catalonia Brussels: about 30 minutes walking distance from ULB
- Hotel Chambord: a short bus ride away from ULB